I am so excited to join Shepherd ISD and to be apart of this wonderful school family. I have taught fourth and fifth grade, both of which has been amazing! I have an adorable son Jeremiah who is not quite old enough for school yet but will soon be a mighty PIRATE.
I grew up in Shepherd and graduated from Shepherd High School. I am a very proud Lady Pirate! After high school, I attended Stephen F. Austin State University, GO JACKS! Following SFA, I began my teaching career in Dallas, TX. I am the middle of three children. I have an older sister and a younger brother. I am also a very proud aunt of three amazing nieces. My mom lives in Shepherd and is the very best mom and grandma a.k.a. Nana, around!
I have a huge love for sports, especially college football, college basketball, and of course "America's Team" , THE DALLAS COWBOYS!
Fourth grade is a year of highly visible progress in reading, writing and language arts. By the end of fourth grade language arts, students should be able to:
- Read with a higher level of fluency and expression
- Utilize root words, prefixes, suffixes, and context clues to analyze unfamiliar words
- Apply comprehension strategies to literary and expository texts
- Formulate multiple paragraph pieces that focus on a specific purpose or audience
- Write chronological pieces, pieces focusing on cause and effect and pieces that draw from personal experience
Homework guidelines-Reading/Writing homework is given 2 days per week, it is due by Friday.
Spelling List- weekly spelling test will be given each Friday. Each child will receive their spelling list the Monday prior.
1. Follow Directions
2. Raise your hand for permission to speak
3. Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat
4. Make smart choices
5. Do your BEST!
7:40-8:00 Accelerated Reading
10:25-11:10 Social Studies
1:25-2:25 Conference Period (Activities)
2:45-3:30 Social Studies
Phone: (936) 628-6764 Shepherd Intermediate
Remind 101: text messages come directly to you
Tuesday Folders: notes may be placed inside